According to article 227 of the Civil Code, marriage ends by the death of one of the spouses or by getting a divorce.

Getting a divorce is legally ending your marriage. Divorce means that you will no longer be legally joined to your partner.

A study carried out by INSEE highlights an increase in the rate of divorced couples. Indeed, the divorce rate was 10 % in 1970, reached 52 % in 2005 to drop to 44 % in 2014. The longer the marriage lasts, the lower the chances of divorce.

There are several types of divorce. Choosing the best option can be difficult, this is why it is important to know your rights and duties.

read more